Analysis of Selections from the ‘Protocols of the Wise Men of Zion’ relating to control of the press
By Tony Muga aka: Hatrick Penry
(Author’s note: remember that the ‘Wise Men of Zion’ are essentially the NWO/illuminati. Also, the word ‘goyim’ has been replaced with ‘sheeple’ [meaning a person who has not awakened to the true reality], the word ‘organ’ has been replaced with ‘outlet’ [meaning an outlet of the press: radio station, newspaper, magazine, online website, etc].
“If you’re not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ~Malcolm X
Protocol No. 12 (read the entire Protocols of the Wise Men of Zion here or read Bill Cooper’s book ‘Behold a Pale Horse’ wherein the entire manual is included)
We shall deal with the press in the following way: what is the part played by the press to-day? (1) It serves to excite and inflame those passions which are needed for our purpose or else it serves selfish ends of parties. It is often vapid, unjust, mendacious, and the majority of the public have not the slightest idea what ends the press really serves. (2) We shall saddle and bridle it with a tight curb: we shall do the same also with all productions of the printing press, for where would be the sense of getting rid of the attacks of the press if we remain targets for pamphlets and books? The produce of publicity, which nowadays is a source of heavy expense owing to the necessity of censoring it, (3) will be turned by us into a very lucrative source of income to our State: we shall lay on it a special stamp tax and require deposits of caution-money before permitting the establishment of any outlet of the press or of printing offices; these will then have to guarantee our government against any kind of attack on the part of the press. For any attempt to attack us, if such still be possible, we shall inflict fines without mercy. Such measures as stamp tax, deposit of caution-money and fines secured by these deposits, will bring in a huge income to the government. It is true that party outlets might not spare money for the sake of publicity, but these we shall shut up at the second attack upon us. No one shall with impunity lay a finger on the aureole of our government infallibility. The pretext for stopping any publication will be the alleged plea that it is agitating the public mind without occasion or justification. (4) I beg you to note that among those making attacks upon us will also be outlets established by us, but they will attack exclusively points that we have pre-determined to alter.
[(1) The press certainly does ‘excite and inflame those passions’ of which the establishment desires. A great example of this, other than the standard war propaganda meant to vilify the ‘enemy’, is the host of YouTube videos highlighting police brutality that are circulating on the internet and many alternative media sites. The result of all these outlets constantly harping on this issue is the creation of an ‘us vs. them’ mentality between the citizenry and police. When watching a media outlet of any sort that is heavily financed or considered popular, always ask yourself: what is my initial reaction to this report emotionally? You might find that later, when you are calm and focused, you feel differently about it.
(2) This passage indicates the intent to control ALL information outlets. Controlling one or a few will be ineffective.
(3) The beginning of this passage indicates that the state is already under their control and then goes on to imply that it will be used as a tool to restrict outlets of the press by way of taxes, stamps, permits, fines, insurance requirements and a host of other financial attacks. These measures also generate income for the state.
(4) Once all press outlets are under control of the establishment, the plan is to ‘simulate’ attacks on themselves (one outlet under their control attacking another outlet under their control) and thus determining the subject of the attacks. If you don’t control ALL of the press, the REAL issue might be broadcast to the public…so absolute full spectrum control is the desired goal. Simulating attacks also helps to build credibility…if a ‘bad guy’ is attacking a ‘good guy’, the good guy must be good, right? In ‘Operation Mockingbird Style Alternative Media CIA Infiltration’ I suggested the Alex Jones vs. The Young Turks was just such a tactic.]
(5) Not a single announcement will reach the public without our control. Even now this is already being attained by us inasmuch as all news items are received by a few agencies, in whose offices they are focused from all parts of the world. These agencies will then be already entirely ours and will give publicity only to what we dictate to them.
[(5) Total control of all information is the goal. In the mainstream media, total control was attained long ago by the CIA with corporate backing (see Operation Mockingbird). Also, during an ‘emergency’ or war, the Wartime Information Security Program kicks in and the information dragnet is complete, with full legal backing and punishment for those who do not cooperate. If you ever wonder why the nightly news is the same on each channel you turn to on TV you know now it is by design. Watch the movie ‘Full Metal Jacket’ and pay close attention to the scene where the Stars and Stripes editor-in-chief decides what will be reported on and how. The implication by the director, Stanley Kubrick, is that the military believes it must practice deception to keep morale up and win the war.]
If already now (6) we have contrived to possess ourselves of the minds of the sheeple communities to such an extent the they all come near looking upon the events of the world through the colored glasses of those spectacles we are setting astride their noses; (7) if already now there is not a single State where there exist for us any barriers to admittance into what sheeple stupidity calls State secrets: what will our positions be then, when we shall be acknowledged supreme lords of the world in the person of our king of all the world ….
[(6) Simply put, the establishment controls the flow of information, and thus the only view of the world the public has is the one approved of and provided by the elite (i.e. an illusory one).
(7) If there exists nothing to stop the state from hiding what it is doing (calling something a ‘state secret’ or classifying something under ‘national security’ is a common tactic of concealment) then the elite expect to not only rule the world, but to bring out in the open all their acts of evil once they have attained total control. The protocols constantly stress that the deception and trickery need only continue until outright control by force may be established when necessary.]
Let us turn again to the future of the printing press.(8) Every one desirous of being a publisher, librarian, or printer, will be obliged to provide himself with the diploma instituted therefore, which, in case of any fault, will be immediately impounded. With such measures the instrument of thought will become an educative means on the hands of our government, which will no longer allow the mass of the nation to be led astray in by ways and fantasies about the blessings of progress.
[(8) Essentially what is being asserted is that if the state requires a license or permit to publish or print, the state may revoke that same permit or license at any time. If your story portrays the establishment in a negative light, your license may be cancelled or simply not renewed. If you report from the approved subject material, there will be no problems (and perhaps even assistance). By controlling who is allowed to publish, and by default WHAT is allowed to be published, the state becomes an educator of the masses (in much the same way as school curriculum is carefully chosen by the state in an effort to indoctrinate the youth).
We turn to the periodical press. (9) We shall impose on it, as on all printed matter, stamp taxes per sheet and deposits of caution-money, and books of less than 30 sheets will pay double. We shall reckon them as pamphlets in order, on the one hand, to reduce the number of magazines, which are the worst form of printed poison, and, on the other, in order that this measure may force writers into such lengthy productions that they will be little read, especially as they will be costly. (10) At the same time what we shall publish ourselves to influence mental development in the direction laid down for our profit will be cheap and will be read voraciously. The tax will bring vapid literary ambitions within bounds and the liability to penalties will make literary men dependent upon us. (11) And if there should be any found who are desirous of writing against us, they will not find any person eager to print their productions. Before accepting any production for publication in print, the publisher or printer will have to apply to the authorities for permission to do so. Thus we shall know beforehand of all tricks preparing against us and shall nullify them by getting ahead with explanations on the subject treated of.
[(9) If you are printing or producing periodicals on a small scale (i.e. the smaller outlets tend not to be in league with the big boys), the idea is to make it even more difficult to do so by levying exorbitant taxes and/or fees. Financial weapons can cripple a writer by costing him more time and money than is expected or available.]
(12) Literature and journalism are two of the most important educative forces, and therefore our government will become proprietor of the majority of the journals. This will neutralize the injurious influence of the privately-owned press and will put us in possession of a tremendous influence upon the public mind…. (13) If we give permits for ten journals, we shall ourselves found thirty, and so on in the same proportion. (14) This, however, must in no wise be suspected by the public. For which reason all journals published by us will be of the most opposite, in appearance, tendencies and opinions, thereby creating confidence in us and bringing over to us quite unsuspicious opponents, who will thus fall into our trap and be rendered harmless.
[(12) The more media outlets that the establishment controls, the less influence the private press has. This is a very simple but critical equation. The old adage ‘there is strength in numbers’ certainly applies.
(13) If an anti-nuclear energy website comes into creation, you are instructed to surround it with three websites that are pro-nuclear energy. This also creates the appearance of legitimate dissent. In my opinion, the ratio today is stacked even more in favor of the controllers.
(14) This passage speaks to the left/right paradigm we are so familiar with in America. In the case of our two political parties, the Democrats and Republicans, some may argue there is little difference other than gay rights and abortion, but when it comes to establishing bogus press outlets you must create them as polar opposites ‘thereby creating confidence’ in them. It is this fake, theatrical conflict that fools people into believing they are genuine. This kind of tactic is common in both the mainstream and alternative media today. ]
9) In the front rank will stand (15) outlets of an official character. They will always stand guard over our interests, and therefore their influence will be comparatively insignificant.
[(15) The front rank will be the well-known establishment mouthpieces that never deviate from their positions. Examples might be the IAEA, FOX News, CNN, New York Times, or HSToday.us. Generally speaking, these press outlets never stray from their course of protecting the establishment’s interests. The very fact these propaganda outlets have maintained the same unwavering positions for so long is what makes many people wary of them: they have the least ability to sway the undecided masses.]
10) In the second rank will be the (16) semi-official outlet’s, whose part it will be to attack the tepid and indifferent.
[(16) Semi-official outlets are designed to sway the public in one direction or another. To do this, some good information must be given in order to gain confidence, but at some point a wrong view will be extolled as right. In Chapter 10 [book in progress ;)] titled ‘The Setup’, I discuss a number of ways to control and influence people minds by controlling not only the press outlet and thus the articles themselves, but by stocking the chat rooms and threads with agents of propaganda who act as if they are unrelated general public, but who are really in the employ of said outlet. There are also computer programs that simulate human communication, only a sentence or two usually does the trick, that are launched into chat rooms and threads, posting up favorable propaganda for the establishment. More on this in Chapter 10, ‘The Setup’. Examples of ‘semi-official’ outlets are the Huffington Post or Yahoo News. If your news source does not fall easily into the mainstream or alternative categories, then it is likely a ‘semi-official’ outlet.]
11) In the third rank (17) we shall set up our own, to all appearance, opposition, which, in at least one of its outlets, will present what looks like the very antipodes to us. Our real opponents at heart will accept this simulated opposition as their own and will show us their cards.
[(17) Creation and maintenance of controlled opposition is what this segment is all about. If one considers the vast sums of money at the disposal of the global elite, and the fact that the mainstream media was corrupted long ago, it was really only a matter of time before the same ‘mockingbird-like’ procedure was performed on the internet with the alternative media. Furthermore, we are instructed that at least one outlet will appear to be the polar opposite of the establishment. The purpose of this is to draw out the enemy so that he may be studied. In Chapter 10, ‘The Setup’, I explain this tactic in greater detail.
All our (18) newspapers will be of all possible complexions — aristocratic, republican, revolutionary, even anarchical – for so long, of course, as the constitution exists …. Like the Indian idol “Vishnu” they will have a hundred hands, and (19) every one of them will have a finger on any one of the public opinions as required. When a pulse quickens these hands will lead opinion in the direction of our aims, for an excited patient loses all power of judgment and easily yields to suggestion. (20) Those fools who will think they are repeating the opinion of a newspaper of their own camp will be repeating our opinion or any opinion that seems desirable for us. In the vain belief that they are following the organ of their party they will, in fact, follow the flag which we hang out for them.
[(18) The controlled opposition will be wide-ranging and varied and the pretense of freedom of speech need only be maintained until outright rule by brute force may be established. Also consider that advances in mind control technology will likely make brute force an unnecessary option in the near future.
Keep in mind that although major issues like Plume-Gate and the Pentagon child porn downloaders are, by-and-large, swept under the rug by the alternative media, the giving of factual, verifiable ’small fires’, is still causing an awakening…and any awakening represents a danger to the establishment. I must conclude that the alternative media is analogues to the red cape of the matador, constantly keeping the attention of the bull focused away from the real enemy.
(19) Having such a wide variety of propaganda outlets serves to better know what public opinion is at any particular time. When the public is agitated over an issue, the establishment will immediately know it and may thus respond in a timely manner. See Chapter 10 for some common tactics used to suppress or mitigate damaging information
(20) If you own most of the press outlets, you have an opportunity to define the topics of the day or to decide not to discuss something at all. This is part of the social programming or the social automation of a society. Television has been the tool of choice for many years in this area.]
In order to direct our newspaper militia in this sense we must take special and minute care in organizing this matter. Under the title of central department of the press we shall institute literary gatherings at which our agents will without attracting attention issue the orders and watchwords of the day.(21) By discussing and controverting, but always superficially, without touching the essence of the matter, our outlets will carry on a sham fight fusillade with the official newspapers solely for the purpose of giving occasion for us to express ourselves more fully than could well be done from the outset in official announcements, whenever, of course, that is to our advantage.
[(21) Simulated conflict between outlets under establishment control affords the power elite the opportunity to express themselves with anonymity. ‘Sham fights’ also serve to build credibility as I explain further in Chapter 10. An important idea to take away from this segment is that fake, theatrical performances are the order of the day…does this kind of activity spread beyond the press? Could there be staged shootings or other events around the nation using actors, props and theatrics? This is the premise of the movie ‘Wag the Dog’ starring Dustin Hoffman and the contention of many conspiracy scientists. Give me the actors and I’ll give you the simulated conflict.
It is important to understand that outlets under establishment control never discuss the actual ‘essence of the matter’ but dance around it by keeping the subject close, but not right on the bulls-eye, so-to-speak. The argument over 9/11 is a great example. Much energy and time has been expended on the debate about HOW the event happened, but no one speaks to the crux of the matter, namely that it was a criminal act, not an act of war. Thus, the invasion and occupation of anywhere in the Mideast has been an unconstitutional one. What would happen if Christian extremists hi-jacked planes in Russia and flew them into buildings in their financial district? Now I ask you, how many alternative media sources are rambling on about thermite or holograms or nuclear bombs, when the real debate should be about why Congress and the President have conducted an illegal and unconstitutional invasion and occupation? The fact this was never addressed and thus never resolved has only led to further illegal and unconstitutional wars.]
(22) These attacks upon us will also serve another purpose, namely, that our subjects will be convinced to the existence of full freedom of speech and so give our agents an occasion to affirm that all outlets which oppose us are empty babblers, since they are incapable of finding any substantial objections to our orders.
[(22) It has been said that voting is the new opiate of the masses, but controlled media also keeps the public at large in a near hypnotic state, almost as if drugged. They are fooled into believing the illusion of freedom of speech, for how can there not be freedom of speech when such conflict exists between Fox News and CNN or between the mainstream media and the ‘alternative’ media? Simulated conflict in and of itself is can be considered news: news that distracts from legitimate debate about real issues.
Methods of organization like these, imperceptible to the public eye but absolutely sure, are the best calculated to succeed in bringing the attention and the confidence of the public to the side of our government. Thanks to such methods (23) we shall be in a position as from time to time may be required, to excite or to tranquillize the public mind on political questions, to persuade or to confuse, printing now truth, now lies, facts or their contradictions, according as they may be well or ill received, always very cautiously feeling our ground before stepping upon it ….(24) we shall have a sure triumph over our opponents since they will not have at their disposition outlets of the press in which they can give full and final expression to their views owing to the aforesaid methods of dealing with the press. We shall not even need to refute them except very superficially.
[(23) This segment shows how the overall intention is to manipulate the public’s thoughts and feelings by manipulating the information they are allowed to receive. Americans can be brought to focus on an issue or to forget about an issue. Americans can also be persuaded in one direction or another, even as far as the act of voting, or just left confused and unable to come to a decision at all about a particular problem. Printing lies and truth simultaneously in different press outlets that are under establishment control is also a way of ‘testing the water’ about an issue…will the public believe story A or story B? At some point, we the American public must ask ourselves: how do we know that something we are told is true? I am told all the planets in our solar system are warming but how do I know that for certain when I lack the scientific equipment and know-how to take the measurements myself? Perhaps we should spend more time fact checking to the best of our ability and then confer with family and friends…
Now back to (23): If you combine this total control of the press with actors on the street, staged events and bogus coverage of those actors and events in the press, the manipulation rises to a whole new level. Could the public be incited to violence? If one examines the media hype surrounding the Trayvon Martin case, hype which included skin-head and Black Panther agitators (actors?) seen on TV and in the press, it certainly looks like an attempt to ‘excite’ the public. What else can I conclude when such a level of attention is not brought to the slayings of other youths around the country (Chicago, for example) until an election year where the President needs the black vote more than ever before…then all of a sudden Al Sharpton appears like magic down in Sanford trying to shut the town down? I do not believe that Obama’s statement to the effect that if he had a son it he would have looked like Trayvon is anything but a carefully planned political maneuver that’s purpose is to curry favor among African-American voters.
(24) This final part of Section 15 boasts of a ‘sure triumph’ due to the fact that the opposition is denied the ability to reach the public effectively because all venues are under establishment control. Why has Plume-Gate not exploded all over the alternative media, thereby forcing itself on the mainstream media and thereby forcing DOJ indictments and trials? Why 69 days for NaturalNews to break the story and 70 days for PrisonPlanet? If I had not written ‘Operation Mockingbird Style Alternative Media CIA Infiltration’ would either of these two alternative press outlets have even reported on it? I implore you to visit the two sites and compare the level of attention given to the ‘fast and furious’ debacle and Plume-Gate. Compare the level of attention given to ‘Kony 2012’ and the NRC FOIA documents and cover-up that resulted in thousands of American deaths. I would like to know, just how do these news organizations prioritize what they will be writing about? Am I expected to believe they are disorganized on a level never before seen? Why would anyone continue to rely on a source as incompetent as that?
(25) Trial shots like these, fired by us in the third rank of our press, in case of need, will be energetically refuted by us in our semi-official organs.
[(25) The alternative media’s claims may be refuted by the semi-official outlets. Official outlets of the front rank do not have the credibility, as discussed previously, that the semi-official outlets do, thus they are not generally the ones to refute the alternative media’s assertions. For example, if you want to hide the fact your military has a secret moon base; you run an article in the 3rd rank (the alternative press) extolling the possibility of said moon base only to refute that claim in the 2nd rank of semi-official outlets, thus controlling both sides of the argument and thus having the ability to make the original claim look ridiculous. Think of a prize fight that has been rigged. One of the fighters will be taking a dive tonight because he is paid to do so. He can be instructed to last 7 rounds before going down or he can be instructed to fake a knock-out in the first round. Controlling both sides of any conflict is the key.]
Even nowadays, already, to take only the French press, there are forms which reveal masonic solidarity in acting on the watchword: (26) all outlets of the press are bound together by professional secrecy; like the augurs of old, not one of their numbers will give away the secret of his sources of information unless it be resolved to make announcement of them. Not one journalist will venture to betray this secret, for not one of them is ever admitted to practice literature unless his whole past has some disgraceful sore or other …. These sores would be immediately revealed. So long as they remain the secret of a few the prestige of the journalist attacks the majority of the country-the mob follow after him with enthusiasm.
[(26) Just like most politicians have an FBI file with every criminal and immoral act they can catalogue in it, a file that may be used to sway an uncooperative Senator’s mind if so needed, so do the media figureheads. In fact, as you can clearly read, no journalist will ever be admitted unless they have some skeletons in their closet to extort or bribe them with. A perfect example is the Justice Department political hit of Rod Blagojevich and Elliot Spitzer. Sure they have committed crimes, the same crimes as everyone else who rises to that level. So why don’t they bust each and every one? For the simple fact that they are doing what they are told, it’s only when they step out of line that the heat is turned up, so to speak. This is how journalists are controlled. This is why they never speak out. This condition is applicable to anyone who climbs to a high enough level: journalists, entertainers, corporate leaders…anyone. Power is not granted unless there is a safety measure put in place. Now you know why good people have no place in the power structure.
Our calculations are especially extended to the provinces. It is indispensable for us to inflame there those hopes and impulses with which we could at any moment fall upon the capital, and we shall represent to the capitals that these expressions are the independent hopes and impulses of the provinces. Naturally, the source of them will be always one and the same – ours. (27) What we need is that, until such time as we are in the plenitude of power, the capitals should find themselves stifled by the provincial opinion of the nations, I.E., of a majority arranged by our agentur. What we need is that at the psychological moment the capitals should not be in a position to discuss an accomplished fact for the simple reason, if for no other, that it has been accepted by the public opinion of a majority in the provinces.
[(27) Popular opinion is created by owning all sides of media and inserting controlled figureheads (referred to as an ‘agentur’ by the Protocols of the Wise Men) who promote a particular agenda. If mass media, alternative media and the independent media by and large promote the same ideology, the sheeple will believe it to be true and genuine. The Protocols are clear to point out, once again, that this theatrical charade need only continue until outright force is able to rule the day. Then the illusion will be dropped and the guns will come out in force.
(28) When we are in the period of the new regime (NWO) transitional to that of our assumption of full sovereignty we must not admit any revelation by the press of any form of public dishonesty; it is necessary that the new regime should be thought to have so perfectly contended everybody that even criminality has disappeared…Cases of the manifestation of criminality should remain known only to their victims and to chance witnesses – no more.
[(28) In my opinion we are in the transitional period of the new regime right now (year 2012) and clearly the NWO wants the regime to look as legitimate as possible. Unfortunately, for this to be so, a crackdown on journalists and reporters and free speech will be necessary. Freedom of speech will, for all intents and purposes, be eliminated. The sheeple will love their New World Order because they will think it benign. This is the essence of their illusion: to make you think a wolf is a sheep.
“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.” ~ George W. Bush